Kaleidoscope - Shining Star in Curly Maple Woods by Dan Land 2 Mirror
Shining Star is a new introduction for Dan in 2021. It features a handcrafted wooden body made from a variety of different woods. The mirror system is offered in either a 2 mirror ~ with a round mandala image, or a 3-mirror ~ with a full field of kaleidoscopic imagery.
Dan has designed Shining Star with an interchangeable liquid object cell attached by magnets. Dan currently offers two different object chambers named Setting Sun and Rising Sun. The Setting Sun chamber is primarily metallic objects with lots of texture and it reads a little dark (hence the Setting Sun). The Rising Sun is primarily glass and glass beads, and is brighter (hence the Rising Sun).
This version features Curly Maple wood with a 2 mirror, 17 point central mandala image. Both the Setting Sun (star sticker) and Rising Sun (smiley face sticker) object chambers are included.
The kaleidoscope measures approximately 5-3/4" long x 3" wide x 2-1/2" deep.
To swap the chambers:
- Pull the object chamber off of the scope body with a gentle pull to separate the magnets
- Find the screw on the object chamber
- Align the screw with the divot located next to one of the tabs on the object chamber holder
- Push the chamber through the hole, keeping the screw aligned with the divot.
- Push the new object chamber through the hole, keeping the screw aligned with the divot
- Snap the object chamber holder back on to the scope body by re-engaging the magnets