Kaleidoscope - 'Small Floret Interchangeable' in Chrome | Chesnik Scopes by Sue Rioux
Small Floret Interchangeable boasts a 6-point, 3-mirror system. It has two interchangeable and independently turning wheels, with two additional wheels stored on its custom base. Your kaleidoscope will arrive with 4 of the 6 following wheel styles:
- Brazilian agate stone, lovely for its variety of color and striations
- multicolored textured dichroic glass, highly reflective and very vivid
- multicolored smooth dichroic glass
- a combination of dichroic glass, glass beads and glass rods
- seashells and beach glass in soft colors with rich textures
- a combination of millifiore glass slices and small metal filigree pieces
The majority of the image that you see as you look through its eyepiece is created by the primary wheel, or the one closest to your eye. The secondary wheel provides the background or accent image. When you unscrew the knob holding the wheels and trade out the wheels front-to-back, you are rewarded with an entirely different kaleidoscopic view. With four distinctly different wheels to choose from and interchange, imagine all the permutations, truly a visual extravaganza. The usual response from a first-time viewer is a gasp and an exclamation of delight.
The kaleidoscope itself is 7-1/2" long x 1-1/2" diameter, and the wheels are 2-1/4" in diameter. When sitting on its custom walnut base, the kaleidoscope measures 7-1/2" long x 6" wide x 2-3/4" tall.